I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year’s eve! Mine was quite nice. I brought in the New Year at the boyfriend’s apartment surrounded with friends. It was a lovely night. Food, drinks, video games, and Cards Against Humanity. We invented shots based on Sherlock characters. I liked the Moriarty the best.
Figures right? Me and my villain thing…
Anyway, I figured I’d kick off 2013 the same way I did 2012. My first blog post in 2012 was 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Starving Writer. I thought it was a nice way to start the year… so we’ll do that again.
I also thought I’d talk a bit about my goals. Some will be writing goals – others will be personal goals. You know. The usual. Goals are better than resolutions.
10 MORE Things You Didn’t Know About the Starving Writer
- I am one of the least girly people out there. Seriously. I wear a lot of men’s t-shirts because I have a decently athletic build. And they have better pictures. And tend to be thicker. Thickness is important when you live in Wisconsin…because you know…cold. My hair is only long because the boyfriend likes it long and because it’s relatively easy to maintain this way.
- If I had the time and money, I would probably have a full Gothic wardrobe. My personality has been there for a long time…I’m just too poor and too lazy to dress like that all the time. My hair would probably be darker too. My natural color isn’t really conducive to pulling off a Goth look.
- My reading list is super-duper long. And I’m always looking for more suggestions! (HINT! GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO READ)
- In addition to flexible joints, I’m just flexible in general. I’ve had full splits back for over a year now, I think.
- I love video games, but I’m really bad at finishing games. I get distracted. Or I’m working through multiple games at once. I’m currently working through Catherine, Mass Effect, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, and MagnaCarta 2.
- I love anime but I only really watch it with friends. I can’t really be bothered to watch it on my own. It’s almost always been a social thing for me. Most recently I watched Deadman Wonderland. I really need to read the manga of that one…I think there’s a lot more story there.
- Asking me to pick a favorite character is like asking me to pick a favorite child. Or a favorite book. It’s so hard. I don’t think I can pick a favorite character that I write with. I like most of them equally…if I end up not liking a character it usually means that I don’t really have a good story for them (yet).
- Despite the whole published author thing…I still constantly question my choices and abilities. I’m sure a lot of people are like that though. Half the time I think I suck at life. The other half of the time I’m too busy winning at life to be bothered with those thoughts. (that may or may not be a badass boast)
- I am a troper. I love TV Tropes. I can lose HOURS there. It makes me so happy. I will consider myself successful when I have a tropes page for my novels.
- I have extremely vivid dreams. I get a lot of my inspiration from my dreams. And nightmares.
Alright. Goals. Everyone makes New Years resolutions. I prefer goals. Goals are sometimes a little more…achievable. I have a few. And I wanted to get them down in writing…
- Publish Opus Prelude by Anime Central. Or at least have it ready for ACen. That means I need to have the copies to my house before May 16th.
- Do NaPoWriMo this year. National Poetry Writing Month! I’ve never finished, but I’ve always liked the poems that come out of it.
- Lose 10-25 lbs. I’m just above overweight for my height. I know I’ve got a lot of muscle on my body from taekwondo…but I just want to be a little healthier.
- Do a few tournaments with Gretchen this year. Figure out what our team form will be. Polish Jin Do and improve sparring skills. That’s a few…but those are my martial arts type goals.
- Get my driver’s license.
- Be better about blogging and vlogging. Maybe one of each per week? At a minimum?
- READ MORE BOOKS
- Write a little every day.
Do you guys have any goals or resolutions?
BONUS PICTURE. Me on New Year’s Eve right before taking my Moriarty shot.