It’s the longest I’ve gone without novel writing/short story writing in years. I think I needed it. Between having a difficult year in terms of emotional state and finishing three novels and publishing one…I burned myself out pretty badly. But today I did some writing sprints with my dear tumblr friends and cranked out over 1000 words. That felt good. (Also, I wrote most of this in January…but am picking this up in March. The getting back into sprints is still true!)
Looks like I’m back.
I like the tradition of posting goals and facts as my first blog of the new year. I’m going to continue that.
1. complete 2 novels this year
2. publish Opus Crescendo in late 2015
3. produce some short stories for magazines
4. write a little every day
5. start and beat Tales of Xillia 2 – oh, I kind of already completed this goal. Oops.
6. be better about reaching for help when I need it
7. try and sell my books at a convention
1. I forget that I can talk to people. It’s honestly a problem. Example, I’ll sit around and wonder how a friend is doing – and then not contact them because I forget that I can.
2. I work three jobs and I still don’t have enough to pay off my college loans.
3. Yet I still toy with going back to school for my masters.
4. I am now a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo
5. I am utterly terrible at public speaking sort of things. The thing I was most nervous about for my 3rd degree test was the part where I read my paper out loud. It made me panic the whole night before.
6. I love cosplay but can’t really sew. I’m going to try and learn some sewing though!
7. Sometimes I toy with learning art well enough to do my own cover art for novels
8. I’m often up until 3am writing and then can’t fall asleep until almost 5am because I can’t get my brain to stop thinking
9. As such, I kind of look like a raccoon because of my dark circles
10. My clothing style is either gothy corset fun or jeans and a t-shirt. There really is no in between.
So here’s my super late first blog post of 2015.