Unfading Daydream is a literary magazine that strives to feature the genres that inspired us to start writing (science fiction, fantasy, horror, etc.). We want to showcase stories of all types – from romantic, to platonic – and especially ones featuring LGBTQ+ themes. Unfading Daydream will be published on a quarterly basis.
Unfading Daydream is a venture that Adelei Wade and I are taking on. We want to find a way to feature writers – both experienced and inexperienced – who write in the genres we love (sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc). Genre fiction doesn’t always get the love in the publishing world that literary fiction does…yet there are plenty of amazing stories out there. We want to find those stories.
That’s where you guys come in~
We’re just about to open our first submission period! This means you’d have the opportunity to be published in the first issue of Unfading Daydream.
- We are open to established and new, emerging authors.
- In terms of length, we’re looking for stories between 1000 and 7000 words. Shorter or longer stories will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- No previously published works.
- No fanfiction, please
- Reading periods are May, August, November, and February.
- All submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on the last day of the reading period. In this case, all submissions must be in by 11:59pm CST on May 31st.
- Expect a decision within four weeks
- See full guidelines HERE
While we are brand new, we are offering monetary payment to those who we accept for publication. Stories that are between 1000-3000 words will receive $5. Stories that are longer than that will receive $10. All contributors receive a hard copy of the magazine.
- We accept submissions only by email.
- Free to submit!
- Please send your submission to submit [at] unfadingdaydream [dot] com with the title of ‘Unfading Daydream Submission’.
We are also seeking submissions for cover art.
Thank you, we look forward to seeing the submissions!